Royal Cam live stream nesting Albatross
How can you book a look at the Albatross?
- View Royal Cam from your location. Live streaming nesting Albatross.
- Plan a day or half day on the Otago Peninsula, we’ll book a tour for you.
- Contact us, and we’ll help you plan your holiday around Fiordland and Milford Sound or Doubtful Sound, as well as the Otago Peninsula.
How much time will you need for the Albatross activity?
You will benefit the most from your trip to the Otago Peninsula if you are able to spend at least 6 hours in Dunedin as this is out of the city, and a lot of run.
Can you eat “outside” at Otago Peninsula?
Yes you can eat out, as we say in New Zealand. There is the magnificent Glenfalloch Restaurant, and others as well. Restaurant bookings are recommended.
You need to book ahead for your tours as well, so you don’t miss this premiere experience. We’ll make the whole process so much easier, leave it up to us to book it. It will not cost you a cent more than a direct booking. Contact us.
Who looks after the Albatross? Is it the Department of Conservation?
The answer is yes and no. The New Zealand Government’s Department of Conservation likes to work with private organisations, commercial eco and active tourism operators, and private citizens and community organisations.
DOC welcome aid from the Otago Peninsula Trust, who welcome bookings to their tours through tour agents like Te Anau Homestay, which is us.
Royal Cam is viewable around the world by DOC. Since 2017, it is fair to call the Otago Peninsula Trust, the ‘Golden Peninsula Guardians’. In fact, 2017 is the 50th year since the trust started looking after the Albatross on their only inland breeding colony in New Zealand.
2017 was a big year for the Albatross guardians in Dunedin.
2017 Highlights for Otago Peninsula Trust:
NZ’s first private charitable conservation trust, | Celebrating 50 years in 2017
‘Golden Peninsula Guardians’
- 50 years of Otago Peninsula Trust
- 45 years of tours at the Royal Albatross Centre
- 25 years of managing Fletcher House at Broad Bay
- 5 years of Blue Penguins Pukekura Tours
- 23 chicks fledged at Royal Albatross Colony
- Four TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence were awarded to Trust Enterprises: Glenfalloch Garden, Glenfalloch Restaurant plus again to The Royal Albatross Centre and Blue Penguins Pukekura which both hold positions in Dunedin’s top ten attractions.
- $100,000 projector and 3.3 metre high screen installed at Royal Albatross Centre
- Royalcam live albatross webcam. Huge publicity 2 million+ views of the webcam were enjoyed from over 100 countries around the world; T
- Sharing the love…Otago Peninsula Trust donated over $12,000 worth of prizes to 66 local organisations for fundraising in 2017.
- New book produced “Otago Peninsula Trust | The first 50 years” – avail at InfoZone and Albatross Centre
- Trust social media followers grew to over 15,000 across our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms;
- Our Education Programmes inspired over 1500 children – the next generation of eco-advocates.
- New InfoZone opened at 52 Stuart St to showcase Otago Peninsula Trusts work and Attractions.
Contact us now, and we’ll see if you can fit this experience in before or after your visit to Te Anau Homestay. Take advantage of our free add-on activities planning and booking service.